Teachers at Holmdel Preschool – Dedicated and Certified
The entire staff at Holmdel Preschool shares a commitment to provide the very best in care and age-appropriate education in a safe, secure and comfortable environment. Each teacher is certified in the field of early childhood education and certified by the State of New Jersey. These dedicated professionals expertly administer a curriculum that is considered one of the area’s highest quality programs. Each teacher maintains a high level of professional knowledge, investing in continuing education programs in order to consistently deliver the very best care and education experience available.
Building Trusting Relationships
The high level of quality care we provide is due in great part to the professionalism of our staff. The compassion and dedication of our teachers for our students is evident in the trusting relationships they develop. Every child feels welcome, accepted and important. That means each child learns how to feel good about who they are as they learn to relate to people, objects and experiences in their world. Our personal interaction with the children in our care is focused on promoting independence that builds self-esteem while providing opportunities for more complex use of the skills they learn.
A Positive Influence in Your Child’s Life
By providing a continuum of care and education from infant to kindergartener we maintain a safe, familial environment that fosters a sense of comfort in your child. These positive influences allow us to reach our goal of giving every child in our care the most valuable gift possible: a positive sense of self, a realization of their abilities, a strong desire to relate positively to others and a sincere love for learning.
Children are amazingly perceptive…and equally receptive to positive reinforcement. Our teachers work together to earn the trust of our students. We hold ourselves accountable to each child and build trust by:
- Following a consistent schedule
- Carrying through on announced plans
- Making contact with each child during the day
- Making positive comments about the child’s learning activities
Developing a Sense of Competence
There are effective methods for ‘nudging’ a child towards learning new skills, achieving new goals and developing new relationships. One of the most powerful ways to build a child’s desire to learn is to help them develop a sense of competence. The teachers at Holmdel Preschool work towards developing a sense of competence in our students by:
- Reinforcing and valuing their activities
- Providing developmentally appropriate materials to work with
- Providing materials that support and challenge their abilities
- Praising their efforts
- Helping them channel their frustrations
- Encouraging them to see tasks through to completion
Teaching Children to Take the Initiative
The more they know, the stronger they grow! The children at Holmdel Preschool are taught and encouraged to tackle new activities, reach new heights and accomplish new goals. As they exercise their independence they learn how to fulfill goals without coaxing. Taking the initiative is taught by:
- Providing children with a host of opportunities for creative expression.
- Allowing them to explore their environment freely
- Permitting them to get messy during sand, water or art activities
- Encouraging pretend play
- Allowing them to work independently
- Promoting problem solving and risk taking opportunities